The Cornelius Low House, one of only two surviving structures from the 18th century Colonial port community of Raritan Landing, is a two-story stone house built in 1741 for a wealthy merchant of Dutch ancestry.
This Georgian-style manor is listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places and has been cited in the Historic American Building Survey of the Library of Congress.
As the home of the Middlesex County Museum, the Low House was established to provide exceptional, educational experiences through the presentation of original research relating significant people, historic places, events and attitudes to the State of New Jersey.
Annual exhibitions are presented free of charge to the public. Call or check online for more information. Hours are Tue. - Fri. & Sun. 1 pm - 4 pm. Closed Mon., Sat. & holidays. Group tours and school workshops are available by appointment.