c. 1876 wrought iron lighthouse is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.
Originally constructed in Buffalo, New York and then moved here by train and mule-wagon, this unusual wrought-iron, open-frame, lighthouse was built at a cost of $1,200 in 1876.
Standing 115 feet tall, it featured a 24-inch range lens with double wick burner and kerosene vapor lamp emitting 150,000 candlepower.
Close by is Fort Mott State Park, a 104-acre waterfront park with buildings and gun emplacements from the Spanish - American War. It's listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Call for hours.