James Wilson Marshall House

Location
 
Javascript is required to view this map.
60 Bridge St.
Lambertville, NJ 08530
609-397-0770
Website

 
Description
The Marshall House, on the National and New Jersey Registers of Historic Places, was the boyhood home of James Wilson Marshall, who discovered gold in California in 1848.

The house is now the headquarters of the Lambertville Historical Society. The Federal brick structure was built in 1816 by his father, Philip Marshall, cabinet, coach and wagon maker and a member of one of the oldest families in New Jersey.

It is open to the public on Sat. and Sun., 1 pm to 4 pm between the last weekend of April and the last weekend of October. It includes room recreations with period furniture and photogapahs and exhibits on Lambertville's history. Admission is free.

A guided town tour takes place at 2 pm from the Marshall House on the first Sunday of the month, May-Oct. and other special times such as Winter Fest (Jan.) and Shad Fest (April). There is no charge but donations are welcomed.