10 Things to Do in Asbury Park, NJ This Summer
With gorgeous beaches, a vivacious music scene, breezy boutiques, eclectic art everywhere you turn and a trendy mural-filled boardwalk, Asbury Park ranks up there as one of the coolest and most thrilling shores in New Jersey.
- Dig into the culinary scene – Savor a kaleidoscope of flavors in this trendy beach town. From the hip cheery flair and authentic Mexican fare of Pop’s Garage to caviar and steak tartare served in the European-style brasserie of Pascal & Sabine featuring the artwork of Paolo Ventura.
- Be Beachy Keen – Part of Asbury Park’s beauty is its clean stunning shoreline and sunny energy felt by all those who pull up a chair or sink their toes in the sand. Bring the dog to the Asbury Park Dog Beach, and Fido will have a paw-some time too.
- Get on Board with Art – Step onto Asbury Park’s historic boardwalk to be greeted by eye-catching murals from local and internationally recognized artists, fantastic food, cool seaside boutiques and events packed with so much personality and you’ll never want to leave.
- Bounce This Idea Around – The Silverball Museum Arcade – is part retro arcade, part museum, part eatery and 100% entertaining. Have a ball playing pinball on a rotated collection of 600 vintage and modern-day machines so no two visits are exactly the same.
- Be Blown Away – Create your own blown glass masterpiece or decorate your space with handmade glass treasures from the gallery at Hot Sand. This studio has brought the hot glass art experience to thousands of visitors for over 15 years – it’s your time to give it a try.
- Get Into the Spirit – Ghostly greetings, paranormal books and supernatural curiosities await you at the Paranormal Museum. Dive into Asbury Park history from rum runners and legendary shipwrecks to crimes of the century, and take part in seances, psychic readings, guided tours and more.
- Page Through History – Tour this historical gem and explore the upstairs library full of articles and books at the Stephen Crane House, the one-time home of famed 19th-century novelist, poet, journalist, short story writer and author of the Red Badge of Courage. One of the oldest standing houses in Asbury Park, the property also serves as the headquarters of the Asbury Park Historical Society.
- Stay at The Asbury – The social scene at this vintage-meets-modern-meets rock ‘n roll hotel is a hotspot for creativity, diversity and inclusivity. Mingle at a poolside party, listen to vinyl in the lobby bar, note Art Deco touches throughout, soak up the sun or take in a movie on the roof under a starry sky.
- Strike up Some Fun – Just two blocks from the beach you’ll find the iconic Asbury Lanes, a vintage bowling alley, legendary concert venue and diner rolled into one. Eat, drink and bowl to the sounds of live music from outstanding global and local talent.
- Jam Out at The Stone Pony – Since opening its doors in 1974, renowned artists like Bruce Springsteen, Southside Johnny and Steve Vann Zandt have performed at this legendary venue. Check the calendar to see the headliners and uprising stars taking the stage this summer.
Summer is what you make of it - so make it fantastic in New Jersey. Be sure to check with your destination’s website and social media pages before you go for the latest updates and information. Find more ways to experience New Jersey at VisitNJ.org.