10 Things to Do in AC This Summer
Planning an Atlantic City getaway itinerary is never a gamble with our compelling list of must-do adventures. This winning coastal town known for its glitzy casinos and non-stop nightlife has a softer side, too – perfect for shore lovers of all ages.
- Ride the New Wheel at Steel Pier – Take a thrilling 10-minute journey on the newest and grandest attraction on the famous AC Boardwalk standing 227 feet tall with 360-degree views and temperature-controlled gondolas overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
- Stroll the Nation’s First Boardwalk – Get your steps in on this wooden wonder - up four miles one way, from end-to-end with views of oceanfront casinos, one-of-a-kind stores, confection shops, renowned amusements and plenty of saltwater taffy.
- Go Casino Hopping – Since New Jersey residents voted in favor of legalized gambling in AC in 1976, the city has grown into a seaside gambling, nightlife, dining and entertainment paradise. Most casinos are just a few steps away from the boardwalk, so it’s easy to pop into one and hop to the next.
- Enjoy Fabulously Free Beaches – Sink your toes in the sand, watch the sunset or take in stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean on the clean, wide shores of this amazing coastal city. Even better – no beach tags required.
- Explore the Absecon Lighthouse – Visit the tallest lighthouse in NJ and the third tallest in the nation. Enjoy two marvelous acres, including the Keeper’s Museum and gift shop or climb 228 steps to the top for sweeping Jersey Shore views.
- Visit the African American Heritage Museum of Southern NJ – This amazing and ever-changing museum documents the 20th-century African American experience with more than 12,000 treasures, including a collection of Atlantic County soldiers’ memorabilia from World War I to the present.
- Score Tanger Outlet Deals – Get ready to save, save and save some more on your favorite designer brands at more than 60 retailers, including Nike, J. Crew, Polo Ralph Lauren, Coach and Adidas.
- Travel by Tram – Enjoy a relaxing ride on the AC Boardwalk starting at Ocean Casino, passing Steel Pier and Boardwalk Hall, going as far as Tropicana. Get an all-day pass to catch a ride, explore a bit, and tram on to the next spot.
- Make Memories at Nearby Storybook Land – Nursery rhymes come to life on 20 beautifully-landscaped acres filled with storybook-themed rides and attractions that have been entertaining tiny tots since 1955.
- Be Entertained at Jim Whelan Boardwalk Hall – The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, the Rolling Stones, Count Basie, Lady Gaga and Bruce Springsteen have been here. It’s time you see what’s happening at this premier entertainment hall built in 1929 too.
Be sure to check with your destination’s website and social media pages before you go for the latest updates and information. Find more ways to enjoy New Jersey at VisitNJ.org.