10 Things to Do in Ocean City, NJ This Summer
Some of the best under-the-sun family fun on the East Coast is found in this renowned beach town. Here are ten of our favorite Ocean City adventures you’re shore to enjoy.
- Get on Board –The OC Boardwalk delivers nearly 2.5 miles of superior strolling. Restaurants, gift shops, iconic boardwalk treats – cotton candy, fried Oreos, potato tornadoes, water ice and more. Oh, and all the sea breezes and surf-side views you could ask for.
- Go For a Ride – Gillian’s Wonderland Pier is your ticket to excitement – from the log flume to the classic carousel built in 1926, high-flying swings and other thrill-a-minute rides. Smiles continue at Playland’s Castaway Cove, boasting more than 30 rides, mini-golf and go-karts.
- Make Waves – Surf and sun fun is yours on the shores of Ocean City. Rent (or bring your own) a chair and an umbrella, build sandcastles, collect shells, bodyboard, learn to surf – the choices are endless.
- Get Salty – The oldest business on the Ocean City Boardwalk, Shriver’s Saltwater Taffy is an absolute legend. Pop in for a box of your favorite taffy, fudge, macaroons, chocolates and more sugary treats.
- Pedal Away – Rent a cruiser bike (or bring your own) and ride the boards from 5 am to noon during the summer season. Team up with a friend on a tandem bike or rent a surrey for a fun family adventure.
- Hello History – Go back in time at the Ocean City Historical Museum. Learn about the town’s history from before its founding in 1879 to recent events. Explore heirlooms and memorabilia and hear stories of a princess and shipwrecks filled with treasure.
- Do The Twist – You know, two of your favorite soft-serve ice cream flavors twisted together. Or maybe it’s soft-serve on a waffle cone, a banana boat, a milkshake, or good old-fashioned scooped ice cream – with jimmies (or sprinkles!), of course.
- Tune In – Take a listen and enjoy an exciting lineup of happenings on the boardwalk at the Music Pier. From concerts to art shows, photo ops and events, there’s always something new to see, do and discover.
- Be Reel – Saltwater anglers, get ready. There’s an ocean of off-shore and close-to-shore fishing and crabbing hot spots in this seaside town. Head out to one of the most popular locales, Corson’s Inlet State Park, to catch sea bass, blue fish, striper, launch your boat, kayak, hike and more.
- Get Showy – the Greater Ocean City Theatre Company delivers ovation-worthy live Broadway-style shows to summer audiences in Ocean City, regarded as America’s Greatest Family Resort. Click here for the current roster and showtimes.
Be sure to check your destination’s website and social media pages before you go for the latest updates and information. Find more ways to enjoy New Jersey at VisitNJ.org.