10 Things to Do in Princeton, NJ This Summer
Known for its Ivy League University and vibrant arts scene, Princeton delivers a refreshing blend of New Jersey history, hallowed halls, spectacular open-air shopping, eclectic eateries and performing arts. There is so much to explore and adore - here are ten great places to start.
- Be Square – Some of the best boutiques, brand-name stores, experiences and palate-pleasing menus around are at The Square, Palmer Square. Enjoy a bite at Mediterra Restaurant & Taverna and the nationally recognized the bent spoon, followed by shopping at Madewell, Ralph Lauren and more.
- Stay Classy – In the heart of downtown Princeton stands the timelessly elegant Nassau Inn offering a mix of historic touches and elevated contemporary comforts for the ultimate relaxing stay. Savor the gastropub cuisine at the Inn’s legendary Yankee Doodle Tap Room.
- Take Your Pick – Terhune Orchards Vineyard & Winery has it all - fresh Jersey produce, fun activities for all ages, farm animals and Pick-Your-Own crops. Raise a glass to its award-winning local wines, live music and wine-tasting events too.
- Adore Tours - Morven Museum & Garden is a showcase of Garden State heritage open for tours and outdoor history strolls that was once the home of Richard Stockton, a signer of the Declaration of Independence and the former New Jersey Governor’s Mansion.
- Grab a Paddle – If you haven’t tried kayaking or canoeing yet, now is the perfect time to try. Princeton Canoe & Kayak Rental offers easy and direct access from their dock to the D&R Canal, Stony Brook and Carnegie Lake.
- Set the Stage – Ovation-worthy live theatrical performances are popping up in Princeton this summer. Check out Princeton Summer Theater for an amazing line-up of upcoming shows you won’t want to miss.
- Battle it Out – Explore scenic Princeton Battlefield State Park and journey back to the winter of 1777 when peaceful fields and woods transformed into the site of what is regarded as one of the fiercest battles of the Revolutionary War. A history buff must-see.
- Explore More – Hike, bike, jog, fish, go horseback riding, you name it. All within the charm and beauty of the Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park. Be greeted by 19th-century bridges, cobblestone spillways, calm waterways and hand-built stone-arched culverts.
- Be Spa Savvy – Princeton is a haven of history, but it’s full of harmony and balance too. Indulge in a spa day or spa weekend at places that recharge and renew your mind, body and soul. Two to try: The Metropolis Day Spa and Spa at Forrestal.
- Stroll Studiously – A visit here wouldn’t be complete without setting your sights on the ivy-covered historic buildings of the Princeton University Saunter down the aesthetically appealing walkways and admire the Neo-Gothic architecture.
Summer is what you make of it - so make it fantastic in New Jersey. Be sure to check with your destination’s website and social media pages before you go for the latest updates and information. Find more ways to experience New Jersey at VisitNJ.org.