New Jersey Cities Recognized Among the Best in the Country by Multiple Sources
TRENTON, N.J., October 19, 2020: Following a record-breaking year for tourism in 2019, multiple New Jersey cities and neighborhoods statewide have been identified at the top of the class in recent media surveys and by major travel brands.
“The secret’s out about New Jersey,” said New Jersey Secretary of State Tahesha Way. “From the shore and mountains, to our farms, wineries, and the incredible urban areas in between, the state’s diversity is central to creating special communities. These recent accolades acknowledge so much of what makes New Jersey a great place to live, work and play. As our state continues to evolve and diversify, we look forward to recognizing many more outstanding communities.”
Digital sites such as WalletHub.com and Livability.com recently highlighted New Jersey as one of the happiest states in America and most diverse. Money.com recognized Mt. Laurel and Bridgewater as some of the best places to live in the United States, and national travel outlets ranging from Condé Nast Traveler to Travel + Leisure have celebrated everything from New Jersey’s hotels, to possessing some of the best beaches in the USA.
“It’s great to see our state attain the recognition it deserves,” said Jeffrey Vasser, executive director of the New Jersey Division of Travel & Tourism. “Visitors seek out our food, our attractions, and New Jersey’s natural beauty, discovering a state that truly has something incredible to offer everyone.”
Recent accolades include:
- WalletHub: 2020’s Happiest States in America (No. 4)
- Money.com: Best Places to Live in America, Mt. Laurel (No. 16), Bridgewater (No. 31)
- U.S. News & World Report: Healthiest Communities in America, Hunterdon County (No. 15), Morris County (No. 22)
- U.S. News & World Report: Safest Communities in America, Bergen County (No. 6), Hudson County (No. 18)
- Travel + Leisure: Best Beaches in the USA, Asbury Park
- Travel + Leisure: Best Beach Weekend Getaways in the U.S., Jersey Shore
- CNN: Best City for Indian Food in the United States, Jersey City (No. 1)
- WalletHub: Most Diverse City in the United States, Jersey City (No. 1)
- Livability.com: Top 100 Places to Live in the United States, Jersey City (No. 56)
- USA Today: 10 Best Casinos that Aren't in Las Vegas, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City (No. 2), Ocean Casino Resort (No. 4), Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City (No. 8)
- Condé Nast Traveler: Top 10 Hotels in the Mid-Atlantic, The Reeds at Shelter Haven (No. 3), The MC Hotel, Autograph Collection (No. 4), Inn at Glencairn (No. 7)
- Tripsavvy.com: The Best Small Town in Each U.S. State, Cape May (No. 30)
About New Jersey
New Jersey offers a wide variety of experiences to visitors all year long. Travelers can enjoy outdoor adventures, renowned culinary offerings, educational opportunities, and a strong arts and cultural scene. With numerous state and national parks, beaches, skiing, tax-free shopping, historic sites, museums and more, New Jersey blends together its rich history and exciting present. Home to the nation’s first beach resorts and the birthplace of major inventions, New Jersey offers a picturesque escape and dynamic opportunities for visitors from near and far. For more information, visit www.visitnj.org.