Auto Racing Roars!
Welcome to an experience like no other in the motorsports world. Built on more than 700 acres and conveniently located close to Philadelphia, New York and Washington DC, New Jersey Motorsports Park (NJMP) offers an incredible amount of diverse and dynamic motorsports attractions. NJMP features two world-class road courses (Thunderbolt and Lightning); an exclusive motorsports country club known as the Drivers Club; unique trackside Villa homes and a first class karting facility where anyone can experience the thrill of motorsports behind the wheel for the first time. The park features two world-class road courses (Thunderbolt and Lightning); an exclusive motorsports country club known as the Drivers Club; unique trackside Villa homes and a first class karting facility where anyone can experience the thrill of motorsports behind the wheel for the first time.
Thunderbolt Raceway makes its home next to the Millville Airport, which is home to the annual Wheels Wings Airshow. The airfield is known for its remarkable World War II heritage as the nation's first defense airport, a history embraced by the raceway, named after the P-47 Thunderbolt fighter aircraft. To learn more about the P-47 and the history of Millville Airport, visit the Millville Army Air Field Museum. In later stages of the park's development, a research and development center, off-road course / extreme sports park, a conference center and a 1-mile paved Tri-Oval speedway will supplement NJMP's already impressive portfolio.
Go-karting may be a Jersey Shore boardwalk staple, a mainstay patronized by teens eager for a driver's license and adults looking for an outlet for road rage, but karting at New Jersey Motorsports Park is another thing altogether. This is kart racing to the nth degree with vehicles designed to hug a curving, turning, stomach-churning track. It will keep hearts pumping, bypassing amusement park rides entirely -- it's practically a cardiovascular workout. The real star here are the two road courses: Thunderbolt and The Lightning, which when combined will offer 4.3 miles of raceway. The driver- and spectator-friendly track (if you consider head-whipping high speeds and a so-close-you-can-smell-the-rubber-experience to be friendly) will attract major racing events from around the country.
If the New Jersey Motorsports Park interests you, we recommend a visit to one of New Jersey's other six race tracks. Auto racing enthusiasts will find New Jersey has an exciting array of tracks that include NASCAR and NHRA sanctioned races in a family-friendly atmosphere. Call or visit the listed web sites for track and event information.
- Atco Raceway has NHRA drag racing, 1/4 midget racing, motocross racing and thrill shows. The raceway also has a speed and fuel shop and a Tiki lounge with live entertainment.
- Bridgeport Speedway is a 5/8-mile, high-banked dirt oval track that features Big Block Modifieds, 358 Small Blocks, Sunoco Sportsman and more.
- Island Dragway features NHRA drag racing on a 3,336-foot asphalt strip for street legal, super, heavy, trophy, streets, bike, junior dragster and test-n-tune racing events.
- New Egypt Speedway offers modified, stock and sprint racing on a 4/10-mile clay track. Special events are held often.
- Old Bridge Township Raceway Park contains a 1.35-mile road course, motocross track, kart track and two strips for NHRA drag racing.
- Wall Stadium is a 3/10-mile, high banked, asphalt oval that hosts modified, pro-stock, trucks, street stocks, legends and 3/4 midget classes.